In 1988, several concerned citizens of Clive met and discussed the fate of the railroad depot located at 86th and University Blvd. With this discussion, a historical society was formed and Articles of Incorporation were drafted and filed with the Secretary of State in early 1989. In October of 1990, the Historical Society’s Board of Directors met and adopted By-laws for the society.
Preservation of Clive’s history and the restoration of the Clive Depot and Swanson General Store in Swanson Memorial Park were the first projects completed. They are available for education and interpretation of the Clive “community.” All the structures are ready for artifacts indicative of the late 1800’s to late 1920’s.
Other memorabilia may be donated to the museum for preservation of the total community.
Memberships are available and contributions are always welcome for the ongoing efforts of the society.