The Clive Historical Society has completed many milestones over the years to capture what it was like to live, work and raise a family in Clive’s early years.
|2016||• June 4, 2016 - CHS hosted its first annual 'Cultural Heritage Festival.' About 150 people attended and enjoyed Cultural Dancers, DJ entertainment, games and prizes for kids, and free food. The Clive Fire Department brought their huge ladder truck and ambulance for viewing. The Fire Fighters impressed the kids and answered all questions.|
|2015||• December 2015 - A real, working model train designed and planned from maps of the community called "Clive," in the early 1900s is now on display in the Depot Freight Room window.
• New technology becomes a reality at the Clive Historical Society. WiFi is available in the park; video of Clive's history is now accessible on your smart phone and slide shows are shown on monitors in the General Store.
• A new storage shed was built west of the Clive Depot.
|2011||• Swanson General Store celebrates its "Centennial!" An Open House was held on August 26, 2011. Displays included Butter Churning and Corn Shelling.
|2005||• A new park bench was added under the buckeye tree for the comfort of visitors. Especially located for parent to watch small children who make use of the grounds.
• More landscaping was completed to level the ground where a former flower garden had been. Grass now grows in that spot to open up the play area.
• The structures were painted and the sign in front of the general store has a new frame.
• These projects were completed in anticipation of the 'Clive Five-O' event next year.
|2004||• January 24, 2004 - Congressman Leonard Boswell and the Iowa Association of Railroad Passengers visit the Museum.
• Crestview students, teachers and parents visit once again for tours and student volunteer days.
|2003||• May 27, 2003 - Crestview Elementary's 1st & 5th grades and their teachers were the very first students to visit the Clive Historical Society's Swanson Memorial Park and Museum.
• December 15, 2003 - Iowa State Savings Bank Preferred Advantage Club, Creston, Iowa. visits the Museum.
|2002||• 2nd Annual Clive Historical Society Open House features the Iowa Interstate Railroad and a wide variety of activities.|
|2001||• September 23, 2001 - Clive Historical Society's First Open House featuring the newly-restored General Store. Former Mayors were invited, speeches were given and a ribbon cutting ceremony was performed by all former mayors present.|